Thorough home inspections by a professional engineer

Specific and accurate reports
Computer-generated, with digital photos

Protect your family’s health and safety!

Extremely thorough and helpful

“We used Tim both before closing on our home and again before our 1 year warranty expired and he was great to work with. Not only was he always right on time and able to schedule soon after reaching out, his reports were extremely thorough and helpful when meeting with our builder. We are so glad we chose Tim as we always felt he had our best interest in mind.”

Amanda Shelly - Austin

Very valuable service

“Tim’s inspection and complete and detailed report about our new house prior to the drywall going up has been very valuable to us. His inspection found a lot of things that builder missed. I just wanted to say thank you for your professional, insightful, and very thorough job. I will definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a home inspector.”

Michael Huber - Leander

The best inspector

“Tim is by far the most thorough and knowledgeable inspector I have ever dealt with, and I have dealt with a lot of them. Just want to say you are the best inspector I have ever hired - we will use you again.”

Gustav O'Keiff - Austin

Your attention to detail

“Tim is the absolute best home inspector in central Texas. My wife and I were truly impressed with your services. Your attention to detail was impressive and your quality of work shows during our walk through and in your report. Thank you so much for all your hard work. I will pass your name and number to anyone who needs your services.”

Michael Hankemeier - Georgetown

Very impressive inspection

“I thought the inspection was very thorough, and it gave us a guideline of what to look for and point out for our pre-close walkthrough of the house. Our builder even remarked that there were several things on the list that he would've missed unless you'd pointed them out. We were overall very impressed.”

James Bowers - Round Rock

Return on your investment

“We want to thank you for the great job you did on our inspection. We were able to get $1600 in relief and repairs, a 200% return on our investment!”

Steve Sutton - Lakeway

Worth every penny

“You were thorough and thoughtful in your work. I would highly recommend you without any reservations. We appreciate your help very much. I now feel so much better about the house. I will pass your name on to as many of my friends and family as possible!”

Kimberly O’Malley - Spicewood

Extraordinary service

“We were delighted with your service and expedience! You can definitely count on our recommendation to others in the future. I must say, you are very thorough with your work and your professionalism is unmatched.”

Maurice Khollman - Austin

Professional and thorough

“You were very professional and extremely thorough which made us feel more at ease in purchasing our new home. We are very grateful to our friends for recommending you to us. You did a great job and we are very thankful.”

Burks Bauerlein - Leander

A pleasure to work with

“I love your attitude, your approach, and your professionalism, and am thoroughly grateful to my friend for recommending you to me. I too will recommend you without hesitation.”

Kirsten Schneider - Austin

  • My Tips

Hazards from Heaters and Fireplaces

This information is furnished to you to keep your family and home safe in the winter months--when most of the deaths and injuries occur from heaters and fireplaces.

Heaters can cause fires if they are placed too close to flammable materials such as drapes, furniture or bedding. Fireplaces can cause fires if the chimney is cracked, blocked or coated with creosote, or if sparks and embers can reach flammable materials. Fuel-burning appliances can cause carbon monoxide poisoning if they are improperly installed, poorly maintained, have compromised venting systems, or are misused.

A few simple precautions can protect your family and friends from potential harm. Refer to your heater and fireplace owner's manual for additional information.

Space Heater Safety

Use a heater that has been tested to the latest safety standards and certified by a nationally-recognized testing laboratory.

Have gas and kerosene space heaters inspected annually to ensure proper operation.

Usage

Place the heater on a level, hard and nonflammable surface, not on rugs or carpets or near bedding or drapes. Keep the heater at least three feet from bedding, drapes, furniture and other flammable materials.

Keep doors open to the rest of the house if you are using an unvented fuel-burning space heater. Keep a window in the room open at least one inch to ensure proper ventilation. This helps prevent pollutant build-up and promotes proper combustion. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to provide sufficient combustion air to prevent carbon monoxide production.

Never leave a space heater on when you go to sleep. Never place a space heater close to any sleeping person.

Turn the space heater off if you leave the area.

Keep children and pets away from space heaters.

In the Kitchen

Do not use a kitchen range or oven to heat your house because it could overheat or generate excessive carbon monoxide.

Fireplaces

Have flues and chimneys inspected before each heating season for leakage and blockage by creosote (an oily deposit that readily ignites) or debris.

Open the fireplace damper before lighting the fire and keep it open until the ashes are cool. Never close the damper before going to bed if the ashes are still warm. An open damper will prevent build-up of poisonous gases inside the home, especially while the family is sleeping.

Twist up a sheet of newspaper and light it, holding it as high up in the fireplace as reasonable, which will allow heat to rise up the chimney quickly and create a good draft. Be careful not to burn yourself.

Keep a screen or glass enclosure around a fireplace to prevent sparks or embers from igniting flammable materials

Store fireplace ashes in a fire resistant container and cover it with a lid.

Keep the container outdoors and away from combustibles.

Keep the container outdoors and away from combustibles.

Charcoal Grills

Never burn charcoal inside of homes, vehicles, tents, or campers. Charcoal should never be used indoors, even if ventilation is provided.

Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms

Every home needs working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms.

Have a smoke alarm with fresh batteries on each level of the house, inside every bedroom, and outside the bedrooms in each sleeping area. In addition, with fuel-burning equipment or appliances, or with an attached garage, have carbon monoxide or combination alarms in these areas too.

Service and Maintenance

Have your heating system, water heater and any other gas, oil, or coal burning appliances serviced by a qualified technician every year.

Mobile Homes

Be aware that mobile homes require specially-designed heating equipment. Only electric or vented fuel-fired equipment should be used.

Dryer Vents

Make sure the correct plug and outlet are used and it is connected properly.

Do not overload the dryer.

Turn the dryer off if you leave home or go to bed.

Keep the dryer area clear of combustibles, boxes, cleaning supplies, and clothing.

Do not dry clothing that has come into contact with flammable substances until after being dried outside and then washed as usual.

Your dryer vent may be blocked and need cleaning if you experience lengthy drying times, hotter than normal clothes, dryer deactivation or errors, increased heat and humidity in the laundry room, or a stuck damper on the vent hood.

Average drying time for a load of towels should be around 30 minutes. Check this every 6 months. If you see a longer drying time, it is an indication to have the dryer vent cleaned.

Do not use the dryer without a lint filter.

Clean the lint filter before or after each load.

Wash the lint filter periodically to reduce the waxy residue from dryer sheets.

adapted from U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) www.cpsc.gov